Posts for "FAB FIVE"
FIVE MOST FAVORITE
Running a wedding planning and design focused business can be a hectic and time-consuming endeavor, with days packed with trips to rental companies, linen showrooms, and cake tastings and nights spent glued to the computer catching up on email and reviewing contracts. One of the things I think we all experience as working professionals, in the wedding industry or not, is a tendency to allow self-care to slip to the bottom of the to-do list – it’s pretty easy to find yourself relying on caffeine or whaterever-is-nearby to get you through the day if not skipping meals entirely. Recently, as we head into National Mental Health Awareness Month, I’ve been thinking about how important it is to make self-care a priority. So today I thought I’d share my five most favorite snacks that help me get through busy days traveling LA and nights at my desk. What strategies do you use to prevent yourself from getting too run down? What snacks or meals do you rely on to keep you going on your busiest days? (And click here for more information and to get involved in National Mental Heath Awareness Month.)
- 1. Trader Joe's Fruit Only Bars (Whole Foods has a nice little selection of these as well ;)
- 2. I love this Tahini Dip from Trader Joe's with some fresh carrots - a perfect crunchy afternoon pick-me-up.
- 3. Not just for toddlers! Clementines are great to stash in the car for staving off afternoon sweet tooth attacks.
- 4. Everyone who knows me knows Greek food is my favorite. Tabouli salad, hummus, grape leaves are what I reach for when I'm deep into desk work.
- 5. Trail mix is always an easy choice - I like to make my own by grabbing some pecans, almonds, and dried fruit from the bulk bins.